Tired of living with chronic pain? Accessing physio through an Enhanced Primary Care (EPC) plan via Medicare might be the solution you’re looking for.
Seeing a physiotherapist through an EPC (enhanced primary care) plan has many benefits that can significantly and positively impact an individual’s physical and mental health and well-being.
As healthcare expenses continue to climb and the cost of living becomes more demanding, recognising these advantages makes a significant difference when pursuing successful rehabilitation.
Find out more about the process below.
EPC Medicare process
Seeking advice from your GP is crucial to establish whether one qualifies for an EPC plan. Contacting North West Physio Keperra is the next step to initiate the rehabilitation journey if deemed eligible.
EPC physiotherapy benefits
- Team-based approach – an EPC plan allows for a team-based approach to patient care, including physiotherapists as part of the health care team. It enables patients to see a range of allied health professionals, focusing on holistic care.
- Financial assistance – reduced out-of-pocket expenses for fully covered physiotherapy under the EPC plan.
- Quicker recovery – seeing a physio for a chronic ongoing issue can strengthen muscles and tissues and improve your range of motion and flexibility, aiding in quicker recovery.
- Education – a physiotherapist can also provide education on your chronic medical condition and provide you with exercises you can do at home and in the future.
- Early intervention – an EPC plan encourages early intervention and preventative care, leading to better health outcomes.
- Personalised exercises – through an EPC plan, a physio can provide personalised exercises and treatment plans tailored to your injury and needs.
- Pain – seeing a physio through an EPC plan can improve pain management of chronic conditions through regular sessions.
- Mental & physical well-being – regular physiotherapy sessions provided by the EPC can boost overall mental and physical well-being, contributing to a more positive mindset during recovery.
EPC Medicare: The Benefits of Seeing a Physio
In the face of rising healthcare expenses and the increasing demands of daily living, it is crucial to recognise the benefits of an Enhanced Primary Care (EPC) plan for physiotherapy in achieving successful rehabilitation.
This plan supports the healing of both body and mind, eases financial worries, provides education, helps manage pain, and takes a comprehensive approach. It is a useful and advantageous option for individuals in need.
It is important to consult with a GP to determine eligibility for an EPC plan and, if eligible, contact North West Physio Keperra to kickstart the rehabilitation process.