When the time comes to visit a trusted women’s health physio Brisbane, the team of professionals at North West Physiotherapy are here to help.
We understand that a woman’s body experiences significant changes throughout life – from teenage years through to menopause and beyond.
Our qualified women’s health physiotherapists concentrate on strengthening pelvic floor muscles and can treat a range of conditions including pelvic pain, prolapse, bladder and bowel incontinence and pelvic surgery rehabilitation.
We’ve put together some more information in our blog below to answer your questions about common women’s health treatments and what to expect during an appointment at North West Physio.
Women’s Health Physiotherapist: What Do They Do?
At North West Physio, we are proud to have created a team of trusted physicians at our Everton Park and Eatons Hill clinics who specialise in women’s health.
First and foremost, they focus on restoring pelvic floor muscles, as these muscles need to be healthy to ensure optimal function of the bowel, bladder, lower back and pelvis for all women.
Further to this, our women’s health physios can treat a range of common issues and conditions, including:
- Pregnancy and postnatal discomfort and pain
- Abdominal muscle separation
- Pelvic Floor weakness
- Pelvic pain
- Bladder & bowel conditions including incontinence
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Pelvic surgery rehabilitation
How a Women’s Health Physiotherapist Can Help You?
We understand every woman’s body is different, which is why we create an individualised treatment plan for each patient.
Depending on your specific concern, it may include:
- Personalised pelvic floor education and retraining
- Bladder and bowel habits education and retraining
- Lifestyle recommendations to assist with management of your symptoms
- Achieving exercise goals with a guided and progressive program
- Pain education and desensitisation programs
- Pessary fitting if assessed to be helpful for pelvic organ prolapses
- Adjuncts to achieve treatment goals
What can clients expect at a women’s health physio appointment?
Appointments with one of our trusted physios at Eatons Hill or Everton Park are typically 30 minutes long.
- Detailed discussion of present and past symptoms
- Objective assessment of pelvic floor and movement patterns
- Education on bowel and bladder habits
- Targeted treatment goals and exercise program
- Ongoing support and guidance
Women’s Health Physio Brisbane
No matter what age or stage of life you are in, visiting a women’s health physiotherapist can be very beneficial to your health.
Reach out to us today to make an appointment at our Everton Park or Eatons Hill clinic.
North West Physiotherapy is your one-stop pain relief and healthy living practice in Brisbane. With six clinics across North Brisbane; Everton Park, Keperra, Eatons Hill, Nundah, Lutchwyche and Newmarket, our aim is to provide holistic healthcare solution to suit your specific lifestyle.
Our services include Physiotherapy, Sports Physio, Hydrotherapy, Pilates, Podiatry, Dry Needling, Massage, Womens Health, and Seniors Strength and Balance Classes. Please note that services vary across our clinics.
Contact your local clinic to book an appointment.