If you’re a new mum who’s ready to get back into exercise, our mum and bub Pilates classes are the perfect self-care activity you don’t have to feel guilty about.
That’s because our postnatal classes at Nundah give you the chance to do something for yourself, and your physical and mental wellbeing, while you’re spending time with and having fun with your baby.
Keep reading as we share more information about our classes below, or if you’re ready to make a booking ring our Nundah clinic today on (07) 3102 1322.
Mum and Bub Pilates Classes on Brisbane’s Northside
At North West Physio, we understand that motherhood is a wonderful gift, but there’s no denying it can take a toll on our bodies and minds.
And even though we should prioritise self-care at this time, it can be incredibly difficult.
Physical activity is also something that shouldn’t be rushed after having a baby, because we could be dealing with abdominal separation, pelvic floor issues and weakened core muscles… just to name a few.
In saying that, taking part in Postnatal Pilates classes led by a qualified instructor is one of the best forms of self-care mums can do, because it promotes:
- Total-body alignment,
- Better posture, and
- An enhanced awareness of your “new” post-baby body,
Working on the above helps to prevent issues like lower-back pain, and shoulder and neck tension.
Mums will also actively engage with their bub during our classes, making it a fun and enjoyable activity you can do together.
Why pick North West Physio for your Postnatal Pilates in Brisbane?
- Safe, supervised environment to ease you back into exercise
- Our Pilates instructor is comprehensively trained and has experience working with women before, during and after pregnancy. Learn more about her qualifications here.
- Our class sizes are small and this allows for individualised attention to ensure participants are using correct technique and activating their muscles properly.
- There is the ability to personalise your Pilates program or adapt exercises to suit your needs, conditions or injuries.
- The atmosphere is always fun, and we are very welcoming to new participants.
Postnatal Pilates Brisbane Class Details
Our postnatal classes are held at our Nundah clinic which is located at the Nundah Village, on Sandgate Road.
- Time: 9.30am on Thursdays each week.
- Duration: 45-minutes-long
- Class Size: Maximum of 6 mums
- How to Book: Simply call (07) 3102 1322
- What to Wear: Comfortable workout clothing, grip socks
- What to Bring: Water bottle and towel
- Initial Assessment (if required) – $50
- Small group class – $25 per visit
- 5-pack – $115
- 10-pack – $200
If you’ve got any further questions about our mums and bubs classes, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us today on (07) 3102 1322.
North West Physiotherapy is your one-stop pain relief and healthy living practice in Brisbane. With six clinics across North Brisbane; Everton Park, Keperra, Eatons Hill, Nundah, Lutchwyche and Newmarket, our aim is to provide holistic healthcare solution to suit your specific lifestyle.
Our services include Physiotherapy, Sports Physio, Hydrotherapy, Pilates, Podiatry, Dry Needling, Massage, Womens Health, and Seniors Strength and Balance Classes. Please note that services vary across our clinics.
Contact your local clinic to book an appointment.